Tuesday, January 28, 2020

Gopal Champu prabhu recalls:
Nice lady named Felicia from the Bronx. She was on her way home from work when I stopped her. She was telling me that she’s been working security for the last five years in various department stores across the city and she’s developed a high tolerance for dealing with stressful situations. I quoted verse 3.25.21 from Bhagavatam to her (titikṣavaḥ kāruṇikāḥ)
 

“The symptoms of a sādhu are that he is tolerant, merciful and friendly to all living entities. He has no enemies, he is peaceful, he abides by the scriptures, and all his characteristics are sublime.”

She told me that she really enjoys reading so I showed our set and asked her to take it since she has already developed some very good spiritual qualities like patience and tolerance. She told me that she’s on a budget and it would be difficult for her to spend the money for the donation at this time. But I explained to her that this human form of life is very rare and we have to spend every moment we have in this world for spiritual cultivation otherwise it’s wasted. I tried my best to impress upon her the urgency to take the books even if it wasn’t in her budget because the truth of the matter is that we don’t know if we’re going to still be on this earth next week! She was intelligent and at the end of our conversation she understood what I was saying and was grateful to take the set.

It's Felicia from the Bronx!
Gopal Champu prabhu distributes a “Saptarishi” set! {7 maha big books in one shot} Jay Srila Prabhupada!

Bhakta Ram distributes a “𝐒𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐚𝐫𝐢𝐬𝐡𝐢” set! {7 Maha & big books in one shot} 𝓙𝓪𝔂 𝓢𝓻𝓲𝓵𝓪 𝓟𝓻𝓪𝓫𝓱𝓾𝓹𝓪𝓭𝓪! Bhakta Ram...