Friday, March 22, 2019

Gopal Champu prabhu recalls:
Krishna's grace!
We got into the "wrong train" so I thought. I wanted to take the E but ended up on the F. When I sat down with the other devotees we were making our plans out loud about how we would switch to the D train to get home. Then a lady named Rita sitting across from me offered some advice "you can switch at 34th st". At first I kind of ignored her, but Krishna Prasad looked at me and said she wants books! So then I asked her do you meditate? She replied "Hare Krishna!" I then said "you know Hare Krishna?" She then replied "I'm from Kenya and there's a Hare Krishna temple near where I grew up, my family is originally from Gujarat." We spoke a little more and then I showed her the books. She instantly said "I have them all, but I can give a donation." She gave $25 at first and I thanked her. I was determined to distribute the set so I looked to my left and saw this other young lady sitting down a bench away from us. I told Rita: "since you gave these $25 I'll go see if that girl is interested and I'll tell her you already paid for half and that she only has to give the other half for the books." She became excited and encouraged me to go try.
I approached her and said "I like your bracelets, you look very spiritual" she was a little shocked at first but then replied: "I am, I do my mediation by singing. I'm in college in Baltimore, I'm a studying vocalist and I’m very interested in learning about other cultures." We spoke a little then I explained the books to her. She said "I really, really, really want to read these books, but I'm a broke college student. I just have no way to afford them."
As I'm speaking to this young lady Kierra, Rita the older Gujarati lady was watching with rapt attention. I said to Kierra "give me a few minutes I'll be right back" I went to Rita and told her that Kierra was interested in the books but had no money, and would she be willing to give the remaining $15 to cover the printing. Before I could finished my sentence she pulled out a $50 and said " give her the books, Krishna will bless her!"
Kierra was extremely grateful and Rita ( didn't want to be photographed ) also thanked us for doing this service of distributing books.

Gopal Champu prabhu distributes a “Saptarishi” set! (7 maha big books in one shot). Srila Prabhupada ki jay!

Bhakta Ram distributes a “π’πšπ©π­πšπ«π’π¬π‘π’” set! {7 Maha & big books in one shot} 𝓙π“ͺ𝔂 𝓒𝓻𝓲𝓡π“ͺ π“Ÿπ“»π“ͺ𝓫𝓱𝓾𝓹π“ͺ𝓭π“ͺ! Bhakta Ram...